Saturday 28 May 2016

ONE MAN SOLDIER CONTINUES TO FIGHT AGAINST ROAD UNIONSTS OVER RIGHTS




ONE MAN SOLDIER CONTINUES TO FIGHT
 AGAINST ROAD UNIONISTS OVER RIGHTS
By Abdulmumini Adeku.
A Nigerian citizen from Nembe  Village ,Mr Sylva Isaiah who is 33 years of age has revealed  exclusively to the News Office Desk of Paedia Express Multimedia in Lagos,Nigeria of humiliating treatments been meted out to him by members of the Iju-Ishaga, Lagos  Chapter of the National Union of Road Transports Workers on account of his disability.
In a tearful tone ,the soft spoken Nigerian said that the unionists  have made his job hellish as they have continually harassed him with police and even threatened to arrest him and charge him to court if he did not quit the trade.
He pointed out to this reporter that he was surprised that this was happening to him in the same organization that allows freedom of association and enterprise in its Surulere and Ojuelegba chapters in the state.
He enjoined all stakeholders in the polity to come to his aide as the tricycle trade was the only means of livelihood that has kept him going and banning him from doing it now , would amount to passing a death sentence on him.
He later pleaded with this reporter to help him publish uncensored his petition on the same  subject to vital public in the system so that his problems  and others like him can finally be addressed by the government

The General Manager,
Lagos State Office of Disability Affairs,
Ikeja
29th May,2016..
                                            PETITION AGAINST IJU-ISHAGA, LAGOS CHAPTER OF THE NATIONAL UNION OF        ROAD TRANSPORT WORKERS OVER MY  CONTINUAL HUMILIATION DUE TO MY STATUS
Dear Sir,
               My name is Mr Sylva Isaiah ,33 years of age and I hail from Nembe Town  in Bayelsa State of Nigeria.
I have very strong and valid reasons to believe very strongly that a high wired conspiracy game has being hatched against my humble self by members of the Iju –Ishaga ,Lagos Chapter of the National Union of Road ,Transport and Workers [N.U.R.T.W.]to the extent that they are making efforts at banning me from using my tricycle [keke Napep]from plying their route thus putting a wedge directly on my financial livelihood.
They told me verbally that due to my inability to walk on my two feet that it was abysmally wrong for me to be involved in the trade and on at least five different occasions I have suffered intense persecution and humiliation as a result of the aforementioned…
I normally have difficulties getting passengers at the motor park and I will plead with officials of the Lagos State government to help me and others in my condition to provide a suitable option in the motor parks so that even when we do not have the required number of passengers as stipulated by N.U.R.T.W rules we will be given a pass to do our business.
There was a day I was driving through after picking two passengers from Elliot Bus Stop and I met with the chairman of the union in the area for the first time and he warned me to desist from doing  the business as my special status will not warrant me to be involved in the trade…
The chairman also told me that if I refused to heed his warnings he will be left with no option than to order my arrest and asked that I be charged to court immediately…
Members of union at this juncture decided to punish me by deflating my tyres so that I will be discouraged from the trade .
This incident which took place on the 24th of May,2016 got to a height at around 11:00P.M. in the night after they had apprehended me earlier at 6:00P.M ,when they on their own decided to involve the Nigerian Police to warn me not to ply the Iju-Ishaga route anymore for my business.
The Policeman revealed that they have a lot of disable people in the prison whom they arrested and locked up  because they will not stop the tricycle  business and used the forum to warn me seriously that if I did not stop the trade they will arrest me ,lock me up and sue to court for disobedience.
I am surprised that this is happening because I have friends in Surulere ,Ojuelegba area with similar condition who do same business in the state ,under the same N.U.R.T.W. and yet do not in any way suffer from the kind of humiliation and persecution am  made to face at Iju-Ishaga Motor Park in Lagos ,Nigeria..
Thanks,
Yours Faithfully,
Sylva Isaiah

CC:
1]Paedia Express
2]Lawyer
3]Nigerian Police
4]N.U.R.T.W.
5]Lagos State
6]Nigerian Presidency

No comments:

Post a Comment