Monday 21 December 2020

Unilever to end Facebook and Twitter ad boycott

 Unilever to end Facebook and Twitter ad boycott

Unilever to end Facebook and Twitter ad boycott

Global FMCG giant, Unilever, said that it will restart advertising on Facebook’s apps and Twitter in the U.S. again in January after a six-month pause. Unilever stopped advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as part of the #StopHateForProfit boycott in June, when major advertisers agreed together to pressure social media giants to handle misinformation and hate speech on their platforms.

While many advertisers have returned to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Unilever pledged to stay off them until at least the end of 2020. Unilever is pressing start again after working closely with Facebook and Twitter over the past six months on meeting the standards of its Responsibility Framework, which centres around creating a diverse partner network that promotes a positive digital ad ecosystem for consumers, advertisers and media owners.

In a blog post, Unilever said it has seen “encouraging progress” in working with the platforms as part of the Global Alliance for Responsible Media, of which Unilever is a founding partner. Unilever noted Facebook, Instagram and Twitter’s participation in defining harmful content categories earlier this year, offering consistent reporting and independent auditing and developing advertiser controls.

“We have a unique role and responsibility to address the complexities of the social media ecosystem,” Luis Di Como, EVP, global media at Unilever, said in a statement. “Our long-term goal is to work with our partners and the industry to drive systemic change.

“We are encouraged by the commitments the platforms are making to build healthier environments for consumers, brands and society in alignment with the principles of the Global Alliance for Responsible Media,” he added. “This is why we plan to end our social media investment pause in the U.S. in January. We will continue to reassess our position as necessary.”

Unilever declined to comment beyond the issued statement. The company spent $42.3 million on Facebook in the U.S. in 2019, according to Pathmatics.

2 comments:

  1. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr Osato cured me from HSV-2 with his herbs, I was nervous when I first contacted him about the cure for HSV-2 but I decided to give him a try because I was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV-2. Dr Osato prepared the cure and sent it to me through UPS,which I used just the way Dr Osato instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary of this cure. I went back to the hospital after 14days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV-2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr Osato took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HSV-1&2. Dr Osato heals with natural herbs. Please i urge you to contact him now through his email address: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2347051705853. His website is osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com and he is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds,DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here to let everyone know that there is a cure for HERPES1&2. The doctors have succeeded in letting people living with Herpes know that there is no cure for Herpes and they have been enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I got diagnose of herpes1 January this year 2022 and i did not believe in my doctor that there is no cure for herpes rather i went into research online and I was introduce to Dr Osato a herbal healer by a blogger who also narrated Her story online on how she was cured of Herpes after using Dr Osato Herbal Medicine. I got the herbal medicine from Dr Osato and made use of it as I was instructed. I went to the clinic for a checkup after two weeks of using the herbal product. My result came out Negative and I was booked another appointment after 30days to confirm my result and the test still showed Negative and I was given the green light that I am fully free from herpes. All thanks to God for using this Great herbalist to heal me. You can contact Dr Osato by email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853. His website is osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com. I have promised to keep sharing my testimony so people will know that there is a cure for herpes. 

    ReplyDelete