Wednesday 13 November 2013

“After all my investment on him” BY PETER MAYAKI 08035743299 sms only



Email pete|r_mayaki@yahoo.com

Hmm, seems I am in a good mood today. I just can’t really tell why, am just happy like one who took a little alcohol and got tipsy, but far from that. May be my husband is on the way.
Call me aproko, amebo, tatafo or what have you, I will gladly answer because I have got a steaming gist for you guys.
Last week, I was sitting comfortably in a BRT bus from CMS to Maryland I was so tired to the bones. I was actually on the verge of dozing off when the conversation of the two ladies behind me got more interesting and I was fully awake to eavesdrop on their gist.
Well what actually caught my attention weretheirlamentations of “after all my investment on him”. When I gave it my full attention, then I heard the full verse, “how could kola do this to me”. Hmm poor you, I murmured.
Trust me, I smartly stole a glimpse behind me to see the features of the lamenting lady; wow! What I saw was impressing. She looked more like a Banker or well sophisticated working class lady. Loaded with lots of money to throw around.
I was almost forced to console her but to avoid poke nosing in people’s private affairs I swallowed hard and let sleeping dog. But incase any of you ladies fall in her shoes; probably dumped by a lover and all you keep singing to like a lost bird, telling everybody how much you have done for him and bla.bla...bla. Get a grip on yourself sister. He may be poor, but he gave you something in return. Yes, his holy fluid! Millions of it at that! Rich in vitamins and proteins, rushing down your waiting honey pot. And believe me sister, this sort of nourishing fresh nutrient, you can’t find in any pharmaceutical store!
Once you contract a relationship, whether out of love or otherwise, it is a symbolic one. Both of you are giving each other something in one way or another! Of course, you may choose to disagree with me.
The guys give their babes money, take care of her and pamper her. She makes sure she prepares your meals for the duration of the affair. She warms your bed and even does your laundry.. You are both lucky! But if not, please don’t bore us with, “after all I did for him or her” You both got something, perhaps him or her more than you did. Either way, something crossed from left to right.
It is only our Nigerian babes that see it as a right for a guy to take care of them financially. Once a babe snags up a new guy, she starts thinking of changing everything right from her wardrobe down to her menstruation pad! Why must you see that prospective guy coming into your life as a meal ticket? If he truly loves you, you don’t need to tell him to buy this or that before he does. Caring and affection are the natural outgrowth of love. As for me, a guy may be as rich as Bill Gates, if he doesn’t love me or I don’t love him, we would both be wasting our time. It is this attitude of seeing men as being responsible for the upkeep of a girl that makes a lot of ladies wait endlessly for Mr. Rich guy. Please don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that I detest money. Far from it! All I’m trying to say is that in any relationship, whatever goes on between the couple in giving, taking or spending should be 50-50. You take a little and you give a little, which is the spirit of love.h
I can’t fathom the reason a babe feels she cannot spoil a guy a little. Don’t men deserve to be treated like kings by their babes sometimes? It is this attitude of not caring enough to spend on your guy that is making many ladies lose their guys to sugar mummies! If there are any set of women that know how to spend money in taking care of men, they are the sugar mummies. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Can it be so bad to buy surprise gifts for your guy? Take him out to lunch? Pick the bills when you eat out? Don’t you just feel that warm glow unfold inside him when you do little things like that? Don’t you just love it when he gives you those surprised heart-turning smiles of thank you? The beauty of it is that you don’t even need to buy something sinfully expensive if you don’t have the money. Just buy something that will make him realize that if you had more, you would have done more. Something special to show him that you care. If you do one for him, my bet is that he would do two for you.

The problem of sustaining a symbiotic relationship in Naija is compounded by men who feel it is their God-given right to buy and spend money on a babe once they start dating her. You’ll see them rushing to buy recharge cards for her as if the sellers are about to embark on a nation-wide strike! In fact, you will hear words like: “I will spoil and bath you with money”, coming from them. Some foolish men would make an issue out of a babe buying things by becoming interrogators.Questions such as, “Who gave you money to buy this for me?Would be the belligerent question, rather than a thank you. They forget that a babe can save from the money they endlessly dished out, if she’s not working. The major reason a babe needs a man is for him to love and care for her.Try practicingsymbiotic relationship today and see if your guy would not love you like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment