Tuesday 6 January 2015

NIGERIAN POLICE ATTACKED OVER INHUMANE TREATMENT



A CASE OF MOLESTATION. TORTURE AND IN-HUMAN
TREATMENT OF MY HUMBLE SELF BY A  MOBILE  POLICEMAN
 MR. KABIRU WITH TAG NO: 354952 ATTACHED TO
UNION BANK HQ AT MARINA LAGOS ON 4TH DEC. 2013
NIGERIAN POLICE INSTEAD OF PROTECTING THE CITIZENRY THAT THEY PLEADED ALLEGIANCE TO PROTECT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ETHICS OF THEIR PROFESSION ARE IN THE HABIT OF MOLESTING THEM INSTEAD

I, Ojon Moday Emmanuel was passing on the market street off Marina Lagos Island in the night about 10:00pm One Mopo with gun and stick on his hand called me, I went to him, he ask me where I was going and I explained to him. He commanded me to kneel down; I asked him what have I done? Immediately he started to beat me with the long stick on his hand until the stick got broken on my head. Then I obeyed him.
However, on him range and angry approach, he commanded me to remove my cloth, I shouted; why! Why! What have I done to you! He became more angry, looking left and right, picked another long and strong plank-started-to-beat-me again until I stated to remove the cloth. After I have removed my shirt, He ordered me to remove everything. And start to crawl from that place to CMS.
I therefore, started to scream what have I done to you! what have I done to you! Then one man came but he chased him away. He shouted if I did not comply that he would waste me now! Let me go and call the person that I know even Jonathan, the IG or whosoever that I know that makes me to defy’ his order. As he was talking because I refused to naked myself; he fired his gun up at that moment I removed all my cloth and became completely naked. He ordered me to start crawling on that tarred road with small stones on it. Many passersby were watching at us from Marina road, when we reached there he chased them away with his gun.
Moreover, when we approached marina road itself he ordered the entire passerby to kneel down with me and start crawling which they did
begging him but all their pleased fell on his deaf ears. Many motorist stopped and pleaded yet he all ways chased them with his gun. As he was still commanding all the passerby to kneel and crawl, one man with one woman together were passing on the other side of the road he commanded them to come and join us the man refused press his phone as if he wants to call some one. The mobile police man was shouting at top of his voice if meet you there you will know me this night, the man refused to comply, he ran at them shouting — you are defying my order! Yet the man was still pressing his phone. As the man refused to obey him he fired his gun on the empty park there yet the man refused to comply. Many people had gather on that place at this point.
Furthermore, among the motorist, one man stopped with keek napep who knew before, he came and asked me some question I explained to him. He also went to the policeman but he did not answer him. So that my friend went to Adeniji police station but they said that the place is not under their jurisdiction. He went Ebute Road where they gave him six policemen. Meanwhile, as the crowd had gathered there, one tall huge yellow mobile police came and called the mobile policeman in question privately, after their brief discussion the yellow policeman asked me where is my cloth I directed him, he went there and picked it for me as I wore my cloth still challenging the stupid policeman that without you gun you wouldn’t have humiliated me to this extent however nobody have ever done this kind of thing to me before suddenly there arrived police patrol team. The yellow mobile policeman came and explained everything he knew to the team I also expounded it to them right from the beginning. As I was still talking, one Jeep stopped there fortunately it happened to be the DPO of lion Building Police station, One of the team debrief the DPO. She ordered me to enter their van to the station, in the station, I wrote statement, police gave me the medical paper authority to go to General hospital for immediate medical treatment because I have been wounded and brutalize by the mobile policeman but the police team didn’t arrest him neither identify him.
After few day I was given six policemen by the Lion Building police Station to go and arrest the mobile police at union Bank, all the effort made by the police and my IPO to arrest him proved abortive.
After one month, I went to Zone II Command at Onikan Lagos Island for something else I saw the mobile policeman there. I went to provost to report him there, after the provost called him, questioned him we reschedule the meeting the next week with the condition that I should bring my withness, on the appointed day I came with my withness and evidences. The provost asked him to beg me. The policeman started to beg me but told the provost I cannot accept apology wiihut any compensation because I have treated myself and wasted time in this case. As I refused to accept the apology the provost chased me out of his office.
In search for justice, I went to Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa at book shop 9th floor CMS, with their help I portioned the policeman to ATG Zone II few weeks I went there to follow it up I was taken from office to office until the office called Conference Room. The Mr. Ishado Yakubu was my I.P.O After hearing from me, provost was summoned to bring my case file, but it was unfortunate that the provost did not take statement from both of us for the three day he intervene on the matter. My IPO Mr Ishado Yakubu mandated the provost to provide the mobile policeman because he had finished his assignment in Zone as MG escot for two weeks. The provost provided the policeman at the reasonable time. After hearing from both of us Mr. Ishado others in that office with the policeman started to beg me but I said I will forgive but the statement of the policeman had change from what he narrated to the provost, after all said and done I refused to accept the apology. Mr Ishado asked me to bring my withness after we went to one 21C near escot office in Zone IL
The 21C strictly commanded me that he gave one week to provide my withness if not he would take the case to AIG with the assumption that both of us did not have withness.
One the appointed day, my withness caine, after writing his statement, Mr. Ishado and other policemen called privately.
If the man give you N 100,000 to forget about the case, will you take it? I said no, that N 100,000 is too small for me.
Since that day till now Mr Ishado had booked more than thirty appointment with me; disappoint and excuses is always the result I and Mr. Ishado and police-officers iirthat office liad almost flght asthey said that the Mopo Phone was not going, they don’t know his way about this and that as I was telling them that it is their duty to provide the Mopo the began to shout at me and pursue me out of their office.
I went to the 21C, the man also shouted at me and bang his do against me.
At the process of time, my I.P.O was changed and the department that is handling the case. The new head was a woman, she never attend to me on time and never give chain to sit when I come to their office. I will stand outside until when he feel to attend to me.
He always give excuse to cover up his eiring collegue the the (mopo).
After much disappointment by the new IPO, I stopped going zone II. I have been denied of justice by Nigeria police. Over one year nothing had been done by Nigeria police.
Justice delay is justice denied.
Ojon Monday Emmanuel
09093277455

No comments:

Post a Comment