Wednesday 25 March 2020

DOLLY PARTON LEADS TRIBUTES PAID TO FELLOW LEGEND,KENNY ROGERS WHO DIED RECENTLY AT 81 YEARS OF AGE


Dolly Parton Pays Tribute to Beloved Friend Kenny Rogers After His Death Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton
by Corinne Heller | Sat., Mar. 21, 2020 8:40 AM
  •  
  •  
  •  

Walt Disney Television via Getty Images
Dolly Parton is mourning the death of her friend and duet partner Kenny Rogers.
The fellow country star died at age 81 from natural causes on Friday night, at a hospice and surrounded by his family, his rep announced on Saturday. Rogers was known for hits such as "The Gambler" and his 1983 duet with Parton, "Islands in the Stream."
"I couldn't believe it when I got up this morning and turned on the TV, checking to see what the coronavirus was doing, and it told me that my friend and singing partner Kenny Rogers had passed away," Parton, 74, said in a video posted on Instagram on Saturday. "And I know that we all know Kenny's in a better place than we are today, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be talking to God sometime today if he ain't already, he's gonna be asking him to spread some light on bunch of this darkness going here."

Photos
"But I love Kenny with all my heart. My heart's broken and a big ol' chunk of it has gone with him today. And I think that I can speak for all his family, his friends and fans when I say that I will always love you," she said, quoting her famous lyric. "God bless you, Kenny, fly high. Straight to the arms of God and to the rest of you, keep the faith."
Parton also wrote on Instagram, "You never know how much you love somebody until they're gone. I've had so many wonderful years and wonderful times with my friend Kenny, but above all the music and the success I loved him as a wonderful man and a true friend. So you be safe with God and just know that I will always love you, dolly."

Beth Gwinn/Redferns via Getty Images
"Dolly he sure loved you," commented fellow country star Reba McEntire. "What a character. There never has been and never will be another one like him. Love you."
Rogers and Parton last performed "Islands in the Stream" together at a show in Nashville in 2017 during his farewell tour, which was cut short a year later for health reasons.
Fellow country star Blake Shelton also took to social media to pay tribute to Rogers.
"I can't express on twitter the impact Kenny Rogers the artist and the man had on me," he tweeted. "He was always very kind and fun to be around. Rest In Peace Gambler..."
"I woke up the news of @_KennyRogers passing," wrote country singer Jake Owen. "It's not about #1s. It's about the legacy you leave behind and he was a great man. He changed Country Music and had a voice like no other. Thank you Kenny. Thank you."
Country singer Travis Twitter tweeted, "I'm very sad to learn that @_KennyRogers has passed away. Kenny was a friend who helped me in so many ways early on. He was always funny, kind and full of advice. Kenny's legacy of great music will live on forever. My deepest condolences to Wanda & family. #RIPKennyRogers."
"Saddened by death of Kenny Rogers-consummate entertainer and classy gentleman," tweeted Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. "One of my favorite artists and guests on my tv show. His music and his kindness will be missed but never forgotten."

5 comments:


  1. HELLO EVERYONEI’M SO GRATEFUL TO DR. ONUWA FOR CURING ME COMPLETELY FROM HERPES VIRUS . I WAS TOLD I HAVE HERPES IN 2011, I HAVE BEEN TAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF MEDICATION STILL YET NO IMPROVEMENT UNTIL I SAW TESTIMONIES OF DR. ONUWA CURING HERPES, DIABETES, HIV AND OTHER DISEASE I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT CONTACTING HIM BUT I ALSO KNEW THE IMPORTANCE OF HERBAL MEDICINE, I MADE UP MY MIND AND CONTACTED HIM WE TALKED ON PHONE AND HE PREPARED AND GAVE ME MEDICINE WHICH I TOOK ACCORDING TO HIS DOSAGE INFORMATION. NOW I’M SO HAPPY I’M CURED FROM HERPES MY HEART IS SO FILLED WITH JOY, THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. ONUWA . IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU HAVE HERPES OR ANY KIND OF DISEASE CONTACT HIM TODAY EMAIL:DRONUWA2@GMAIL.COM .. HE CURE LISTED DISEASES CANCER HIV ALS EX BACK JOB OPPORTUNITY HEPATITIS A AND B DIABETIC. ETC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share as you read okay you may save a soul today,natural herbs
    are really great, I was cured from HIV positive by a doctor
    called DR ONUWA from West Africa, now I believe that natural
    herbs and roots has their own way of working, based on medical report
    I was told that HIV positive has no cure even when I saw a post
    about Dr ONUWA how he cured many people with his herbal medicine I
    doubted it at first but just decided to give it a try because I was so desperately trying to get rid of my problems not knowing it was going to be the end of this deadly virus in my body, please if you have anyone with this same virus or diseases like this contact Dr ONUWA on EMAIL DRONUWA2@GMAIL.COM I'm a living testimony of his
    herbal medicine and don't forget to share as you read okay,
    please save a soul today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for his great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And i Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr Oliha on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr Oliha today on this Email address:{oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}  or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2349038382931

    ReplyDelete